Saturday, December 18, 2010





I took John L's Cycle Truck over to the shipping office today. It's kind of interesting watching people's reactions when they see me ride past with a load like this on the front of my bike. Lot's of double-takes. Especially kids -- they seem to get all squealy and excited, pointing and yelling. Kids are cool like that, they don't hold back.


There's been a stiff wind blowing all day, and I had to ride directly into it for a few blocks. It felt like I was climbing a mountain. I was tempted to turn around and ride the other way just to have that giant sail pulling me along, but I needed to get this bike shipped. This will be the first Cycle Truck in Ohio, which is exciting.


Have fun with it John!




1 comment:

Jonathan R said...

We had the same kind of thing today at West 163rd St & Southern Blvd in the Bronx; the deliveryman noticed my wife on the Cycle Truck and was admiring it. I told him it could carry anything: pizza, wood, even people.

Glad to hear there'll be another Ahearne east of the Mississippi!

Blog Archive